Marching band partners with Moorhead JH to foster unity

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students from Moorhead Junior High and Caney Creek High School playing together at halftime.

Photo by: Aby Marroquin

Photo by: Aby Marroquin

Photo by: Aby Marroquin

Sarah Warren, Staff Reporter

The Mighty Panther Band and Moorehead Band played together at the last football game as a way to build camaraderie between the two organizations.

The MPB director Jeremy Rehbein and Moorhead dJH director Rodolfo Soto, have both bands played together annually.

“We are always looking for ways to combine the HS with JH,” Rehbein said. “However, we are not trying to turn the junior high into a marching band. It just gives them an opportunity to see what it’s like to be in the high school band.”

The bands have similar warm up routines, so it makes the whole process run smoother. Same goes for the techniques they use to prepare for the games and even warming up together.

“We like to bring the band down on the field,” Rehbein said. “We are not able to make that happen every year. Junior high night at a high school football game has been tradition for as long as I can remember.”

Rehbein said the night is used as a recruiting tool for the band.