The Prowler

Bowlers make school history, Raska makes state tourney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rhiannon Heatherly, Contributing Reporter

Junior Haylee Raska will continued her bowling season at the state meet.

Raska finished fourth at the regional meet individually to move on to the state tournament at San Antonio on Saturday.

“I feel amazed,” she said. “Because of how difficult it was because of region change.”

The girls team finished 10-3 on the season but did not advance to the regional meet. The team is made up of Haylee Raska, Iveth Garcia, Sheyanna Lindey, Gena Norwood, and Samantha Ramey.

As a whole, the bowling team ended its season at the regional meet. The boys finished its season 13-1 as district champions. Tristen Stewart competed at the regional meet but did not advance to the state meet.

Senior Colton Skero, who captains the boys team, said he was happy to be able to beat some really good teams.

“Everyone worked really hard and spent a lot of time at the bowling alley during the season, which really showed (work ethic) during matches,” Skero said.

Sophomore Peyton Nelson said advice he took to heart from Whitworth was, “Stand at 15 and throw at 10,” which refers to the bowler’s initial position on the lane.

“I was very excited,” Nelson said. “ I jumped around and shook everyone’s hand.”

The state bowling tournament is at Bandera Bowling center in San Antonio on Saturday and Sunday.